Basic Home Page
Needed School Material
Weekly Assignments
Sections & Chapters

bullet

Field Tracts:

Salvation
Forgiveness
Evangelism

Textbook Illustrations
Certificate of Completion

 _________________

layevangelism.com

Advanced Evangelism
Training Program

Author
Contact
 Order Books
Bible Internet Quick R
Topical Scriptures

Concerning Donations

1 Corinthians 9:11
"If we sowed spiritual things in you, is it too much if we should reap material things from you?"

 

 

 

 

 

Evangelism:
The Time Is Now!

Section 4, Chapter 10

A Field Presentation
Of the
Forgiveness Tract

Forgiveness Tract
Video Presentation

Section 4 Chapters

In this mock demonstration, I want to illustrate what to do when after asking the person which person on p. 11 of What Is Eternal Life? best represents their life, they answer some where in the middle. This usually means that the person has received Jesus into their life in the past, but either because of ignorance or self-will they have retaken control of their life and are no longer walking with Jesus today. The purpose of this mock presentation is to show you how to use the Forgiveness Tract titled, Jesus Is The Answer To Your Needs to bring a Christian back to Jesus by accomplishing the following five objectives:

  1. Attain, first, a clear indication and confession from the person about how and when they first received Jesus into their hearts as Savior and Lord.

  2. Second, to give the person assurance of Salvation by going over page 13 of What Is Eternal Life?

  3. Third, to explain to the person how to release their faith in Jesusí forgiveness for sins confessed and repented of.

  4. Fourth, to explain to the person how to resurrender the Lordship of their lives to Jesus and be refilled and stay filled with the Holy Spirit.

  5. And then finally, fifth, to show them how to draw upon Jesusí grace, strength & power to overcome the problems in their lives that led them to backslide in the first place and stay strong in Jesus to live an ongoing victorious Christian life.

After a person states that they are somewhere in the middle of the two people on page 11 of the Salvation Tract What Is Eternal Life? do the following to lead them into the Forgiveness Tract: Jesus Is The Answer To Your Needs and accomplish the above five objectives:

Layman Evangelist (LE): John, which of these two people best represents Your life?

John: Oh! I am some where in the middle.

LE: Have you ever prayed and received Jesus into Your life before?

John: Yes.

LE: How did you first come to receive Jesus as Your Savior and Lord?

John: When I was in high school, a friend on campus shared with me about Jesus and with him I prayed and received Jesus into my life as Savior and Lord.

LE: John, if you did receive Jesus into Your life in the past, He is still in Your life though He may not be perfectly Lord of Your life. We know this is true because of His promise given to us in Hebrews 13:5. Jesus said in this passage (pointing to it on p. 13 of the Salvation Tract), "I will never ever desert you, nor will I ever, ever, ever forsake you." This is a literal translation from the Greek text which has a double and a triple negative stated: "never ever" and "never, never, never." Jesus wants us to know emphatically that He will not! leave or forsake us. The significance of this truth is stated in this passage above in 1 John 5:11-12. John tells us that God the Father has given you and I a testimony about what determines whether or not we have eternal life and will go to heaven. John tells us in this passage:

"And the witness of God is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life."

John, God the Father tells you and I that what determines whether or not we have eternal life is not whether we belong to the perfect Church or whether we have lived the perfect Christian life, but by whether or not we have His Son Jesus Christ living in us. Since Jesus said that once we invite Him into our lives that He will not leave or forsake us and since the Father says to have the Son is to have eternal life, even though you may not be in right standing with the Lord in Your life, based on these promises of Jesus, you can know that you do have eternal life and that you will go to heaven because Jesus lives in You.

Explanation: When a person believes he has lost his salvation over past sins he believed he could not overcome, he is not going to be receptive initially to your talking to him about his need to repent and rededicate his life to Jesus. Therefore, the first thing you need to do is establish with them that even though Jesus may not be presently Lord over their lives that He is still in their lives and that because this is true they do have eternal life. Their knowing this first, which is positive, will make them then receptive to hear what you have to say about Jesusí forgiveness for their past and present sins and about their need to repent and rededicate their lives to Jesus.

LE: John I have another Tract here that I think would better minister to Your need. It is called Jesus Is The Answer To Your Needs. The book explains how to experience Jesusí forgiveness on a moment by moment basis.

The first page here explains that the Bible talks about three kinds of People: Soulish, Spiritual and Fleshly. A Soulish Man117 is a person who is motivated and controlled through their Soul: their intellect and feelings, and through their Flesh: their appetites and desires. This is a person without Christ and devoid of Spirit, our means of communicating with and having a relationship with God. The Apostle Paul wrote about this person:

1 Corinthians 2:14 "But a man who is motivated-and-controlled-through-his-soul does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are discerned through the spirit."

A Spiritual Man118 (p. 2) is a person who has received Jesus Christ into his heart as Savior and Lord; and who as a result is motivated and controlled by Jesus through their human spirit. Paul wrote about this person:

1 Corinthians 2:15-16 "But he who is motivated-and-controlled-through-his-spirit discerns all things, yet he himself is discerned by no man. For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ."

A Fleshly Man120 (p. 3) is a Christian who because of ignorance or self-will has retaken control of his life. As a result, like the Soulish Man, he is again following the leading and motivation of his Soul: his intellect and feelings, and his Flesh: his appetites and desires. The Apostle Paul wrote:

1 Corinthians 3:1-3 "And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to men motivated-and-con- trolled-through-your-spirit, but as to men motivated-and-controlled-through-your-flesh, as to babes in Christ. I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, for you are still motivated-and-controlled-through-your-flesh. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not motivated-and-controlled-through-your-flesh, and are you not walking like mere men?"

John: I am not sure I understand what you mean by being motivated through the spirit? What is the difference between the spirit, soul and body?

Explanation: Unfortunately in Christendom, very few Christians have ever been taught or understand the Bibleís teaching about the creation and constitution of man which is a spirit, soul and body verses the secular view of man which is a soul and body and for many only a body. Because this is true, when sharing the forgiveness tract with a Christian, they may not always understand what you are talking about when you say "Motivated and controlled by the Holy Spirit through your human spirit" and "Motivated and controlled through your soul." Therefore the question will come up: "What do you mean by motivated and controlled through your human spirit?" The next several paragraphs explain how to adequately answer this question.

LE: John, I am glad you asked that question. When God created Adam and Eve, He created man with a spirit, soul and body.

Manís spirit is the means by which man has God-consciousness and the means by which he communicates with and has a relationship with God.

Manís soul is the means by which he has self-consciousness and relationship with self.

Manís body is the means by which he has world-consciousness and the means by which he communicates with and has a relationship with the physical world

When God created Adam and Eve, His intent and plan for man was that he was to be led, motivated and controlled, by the Holy Spirit through his human spirit; not through his soul: his intellect and feelings, or through his flesh, his body: his appetite and desires. When Adam and Eve sinned, their sin was choosing to act out of the initiative of their soul and their flesh. When they did this, the Bible tells us that their human spirit died. This does not mean it ceased to exist, it means that its ability to communicate with and have a relationship with God ceased to function which is the Bibleís definition of spiritual death. Because Adam and Eve were no longer able to communicate with God through their human spirit they were left with only their soul: their intellect and feelings and their flesh: their appetite and desires to lead and guide them through life.

Because all of humanity were present in the loins of Adam when he sinned, the Bible tells us that all men are born into this world soulishly and physically alive, but spiritually dead, without capacity to communicate with or have a relationship with God. This is what is meant by being born with Original Sin.

This is also what we mean by men being in total depravity. The Bibleís definition of sin is anything we do that is not initiated by Jesusí Holy Spirit through our human spirit first! That means that anything we choose to do that initiates from the soul first: out of our intellect and feelings, and our flesh first, out of our appetite and desires, is sin. Passages in the Bible which teach this are Isaiah 30:1 which states "ĎWoe to the rebellious children,í declares Yehovah, Ďwho execute a plan, but not Mine, and make an alliance, but not of My Spirit, in order to add sin to sin;í" and Romans 14:23 in the New Testament which states "But He who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin." John, the only time we are walking in the Holy Spirit, walking in faith, and doing that which is acceptable to God is when what we are doing is first initiated by Jesus by His Holy Spirit through our human spirit. Anything else is sin.

John, this is also why we cannot save ourselves. We cannot save ourselves because anything we do to save ourselves originates out of the initiative of our soul, not by the Holy Spirit through our human spirit which unsaved man does not have. Only what is initiated by God by the Holy Spirit through our human spirit is pleasing to Him and accepted by Him. This is why in order for us to be saved God Himself had to take the initiative to save us, and He did by sending Jesus to us through Holy Spirit conception of the Virgin Mary so that He could die on the cross for our sins.

When we believe on the Gospel and pray and ask Jesus to come into our heart as Savior from our sins and Lord of our lives, Paul tells us in Ephesians 1:13-14 that as a result of our saving faith in the Gospel, God automatically gives us His Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit then unites with our human spirit and brings our human spirit back to life and back into unhindered communion and relationship with God. This is why Jesus told Nicodemus that in order to enter the kingdom of God he had to be born from-above, meaning spiritually by the Holy Spirit. When we are born from below, from this earth, we are born soulishly and physically alive, but spiritually dead. This is also why the concept of reincarnation would never lead to manís salvation, because no matter how many times a person would be reborn into this world, they would still be only soulishly and physically alive, but spiritually dead. Manís dead spirit is his problem, not what he does or does not do. In order for our spirit to be brought back to life, Jesus said we must be bornagain, born from above which means that when we receive Jesus into our heart as Savior and Lord the Holy Spirit comes to indwell us and regenerates our human spirit and brings it back to life and back into relationship with God. This means then we are again able to have a relationship with God and receive again His will and plan for our lives by the Holy Spirit through our human spirit. This then is what we mean by being motivated and controlled through our human spirit. Thus the damage done in the Garden of Eden by Adam and Eve is reversed and Godís intended order for man is restored which is to be led, motivated and controlled by the Holy Spirit through our human spirit, not through the initiative of our soulish or fleshly desires.

John, being motivated and controlled by the Holy Spirit through our human spirit, however, does not mean that we are now zombies without free will anymore than it did for Adam and Eve.

When we received Jesus into our heart our spirits were brought back to life so we could receive from God His will and plan for our lives, but we can still with our soul choose not to obey Jesusí revealed will to us. This then is what Paul means by a Fleshly-Christian: he is referring to a born again Christian who is choosing to act out of the initiative of his soul: his intellect and feelings, and his flesh: his appetite and desires rather than to submit himself to the leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit through his human spirit. Thus a spiritual-man is a Christian who is choosing to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit through His human spirit where as a fleshly-man is a Christian who is choosing to follow his own soulish and fleshly desires.

John: Now I understand!

LE: Often times, John, a Christian does not know how or when he is living by the Holy Spirit through his human spirit or just out of the initiative and control of his soul. This then is the plight of the fleshly-Christian.

What Is the Problem with the Fleshly Christian?

(p. 3)The problem with the fleshly Christian is that he is trying to live the Christian life in the power of the Flesh which means that he is trying to overcome his problems through the strength of the flesh. The Apostle Paul Himself tried to live the Christian life in this way.(p. 4) What was the end result? He wrote in Romans 7:18-19,

"For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the wishing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I wish, I do not do; but I practice the very evil that I do not wish."

Paul tells us that no matter how hard he tried to live the Christian life in his own strength, he failed; so much so that he screamed out in frustration: Romans 7:24 "Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?" Paul found that trying to live the Christian life in the strength of the flesh was not possible.

Why Canít We Overcome Through
the Strength of the Flesh?

The Bible Teaches us that the flesh is Romnans 7:14 "sold into bondage to sin." When we try to overcome a problem in the strength of the flesh, we energize the flesh. Because the flesh is in bondage to sin, when we energize it we strengthen the flesh to sin. What does this mean? It means that even though temporarily you appear to be making progress in overcoming the problems of your flesh, in the end you will find yourself in deeper bondage to those problems. (p. 5)Why is this true? The Apostle Paul tells us why, he wrote:

Romans 8:6-7 "For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so; and those who are in the flesh cannot please God."

Paul explains to us that to try and overcome our problems in the flesh will not work and will not please God. Why? Because God knows it will not lead to overcoming the problems of our flesh. It is a lost cause. God through Paul instructs us to give it up.

Another reason why we are not able to change ourselves or overcome our problems in the flesh is because

The Flesh Has no Life in Itself to Change Itself

Jesus said in John 6:63 "It is the Spirit who creates-life,4 the flesh profits nothing."

How Then Do We Overcome
The Problems of Our Flesh?

(p. 6)Not through our strength but through Jesusí strength. The Apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians 6:10 "Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of His might." Jesus does not want us to try and overcome our problems in our strength but in His strength.

How We Draw Upon Jesusí Strength

First, by recognizing that we all sin daily. The Apostle John and Solomon wrote,

1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Ecclesiastes 7:20 "Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins."

(p. 7)Jesus does not give us this truth in His word to encourage us to sin but so we will face ourselves realistically. No matter how long we know the Lord, whether we want to or not we are going to sin.

Second, by recognizing that Jesus forgives all sins confessed and repented of. The Apostle John tells us in 1 John 1:9,

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

John tells us in 1 John 1:9 that the moment we confess our sins that Jesusí forgiveness becomes an automatic FACT! We must accept this by faith. By faith means we believe Jesusí promise to forgive us when we confess and repent of our sins whether we feel forgiven or not. Feelings are an organ of the Soul not the Spirit. We are not to rely on our feelings but on Jesusí promises. Jesusí promises are absolute eternal truths.

Repentance Involves: 1) Confessing our Sins to God, 2) Making right our wrongs confessed, 3) And then bringing forth fruit, continued changed behavior, in keeping with Repentance. (Matt 3:1-12, Lk 3:1-14).

(p. 8)Once you have confessed and repented of your sins and accepted Jesusí forgiveness by faith, the third step is to then ask Him to refill you with His Holy Spirit. The Apostle Paul wrote,

Ephesians 5:18 "And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit."

To be filled with the Holy Spirit simply means to allow Jesus to be Lord of your life. When Jesus is Lord of Your life, the Holy Spirit is in control of your life and thus you are filled with the Holy Spirit.

Explanation: why is it that when we are filled with the Holy Spirit, under the control and leading of the Holy Spirit that Jesus is Lord of our lives? This truth is covered extensively in my Advanced Textbook on Evangelism titled: Relationship With Jesus The Key To Effective Ministry. For a quick explanation: the reason why this is true is because Jesus only acts out of the Fatherís initiative and the Holy Spirit only acts out of Jesusí initiative. The Holy Spirit only does in our lives what Jesus is telling him to do. Jesus said,

"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. He shall glorify Me; for He shall take of Mine, and shall disclose it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said, that He takes of Mine, and will disclose it to you." (John 16:13-15)

Because this is true, when we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in our lives, we are actually following the leading of Jesus in our lives. Thus, we are following Jesusí Lordship over our lives and thus He is Lord over our lives. In the same way, when we do not submit ourselves to the leading of the Holy Spirit in our lives we are actually rebelling against the Lordship of Jesus over our lives and thus He is no longer Lord over our lives.

LE: You are filled with the Holy Spirit by faith according to the promise of Godís Word in 1 John 5:14-15. The Apostle John wrote:

"And this is the confidence which we have before Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him."

Jesusí Word promises us that He will answer any prayer that is according to His will and He states in His Word that it is His will that we be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Spirit Filled Illustration

(p. 10)John, would You like to pray right now and ask Jesus to refill you with His Holy Spirit and retake control of Your life?

John: Yes!

LE: If you would, then in a minute I would like you to pray the following prayer with me which says the following: (read prayer). Before we pray this prayer together, John, I would first like to give you a minute or so to silently confess to Jesus any sins You are aware of in your life. Why donít you do that right now and when you are done, you let me know and then I will lead you through this prayer.

(A moment of silence while you allow the person to silently confess his sins to Jesus)

John: Okay, I am done.

LE: John, repeat this prayer with me: (read a phrase at a time and have him repeat it after you,. . .):

Jesus, I confess to you that I am a sinner and repent of my known sins. Thank You for forgiving me according to Your Promise in 1 John 1:9. I now ask You to refill me with Your Holy Spirit, to retake control of my life and to continue to lead me into your will and plan for my life. By faith thank You that it is done according to Your promise to answer any prayer that is according to Your will, in Your name, Jesus, amen.  (p. 10)

LE:John, did you just sincerely pray this prayer in your heart?

John: yes

LE: John, then know by faith that Jesus has forgiven your sins, refilled you with His Holy Spirit and that He is now again Lord of Your life. You may not feel any different or you may feel different. Whether you do or not, know that Jesus is again Lord of your life and that you are filled with His Holy Spirit because He promised to answer any prayer that is according to His will. It is Jesusí will that you allow Him to be Lord of Your life and that you be filled with His Holy Spirit.

John, No matter how many times in a day you sin, repeat this prayer and you will stay filled with the Holy Spirit and in communion and relationship with Jesus.

(p. 11)John, To Have Victory Over Sin, first Gain Control Over Your Thought Life. Paul wrote Romans 13:14 "But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts" (Phil 4:8, Eph 5:15-17). How do we put on the Lord Jesus Christ and make no provision for the flesh in regard to itís lusts? Paul tell us in Romans 8:6-8, that we read on page 5, that the flesh never did obey Godís laws and it never will. If that is true, how then do we keep the flesh from sinning? Paul tells us in Ephesians 5:15-17 that we do this by seeking Godís will and plan for our lives and then walking in that will and plan. Paul wrote,

Ephesians 5:15-17 "Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is."

John, when we are doing Godís will, our flesh doesnít have an opportunity to sin because our mind and our flesh are occupied doing Godís will. John, let me share a past incident in my own life to show you how this works.

When I was in Junior College many years ago, I went through a degree in Electronic Technology. This required four hours a day of class time five days a week. We were allowed a twenty minute break in between that four hours of class. I remember how difficult it was for me in those days to sit in a chair for 4 hours. I was so antsy. I used my 20 minute break every day to go out and share the Gospel with a student. There were 15,000 students on this Junior College campus so I never had any trouble finding someone to share Jesus with. I would go through a Salvation Tract like the one provided in this Training Program of Evangelism. It took me about five minutes to find someone to share with, ten minutes to share the Salvation Tract with them, and five minutes to get back to class.

One day I decided instead of going out and sharing Christ on campus with students to go to the break room and buy a coke. I went in and bought a coke and sat down at a table to enjoy it. When I did I looked around the room and noticed it was filled with beautiful women. RED FLAG! RED FLAG! RED FLAG! Lol. That was all it took. My mind was on females and the gymnastics of my perverted sinful mind went into action. Paul wrote in Romans 8:7 "The mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so." You see our flesh is in bondage to sin (Rom 7:14); therefore, given the opportunity the flesh will sin. James the brother of Jesus wrote:

James 1:13-15 "Let no one say when he is tempted, ĎI am being tempted by Godí; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and he Himself does not tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death."

The saying "An idle mind is the play ground of the Devil" is an absolute truth. If your fleshly mind is idle it will gravitate to and sin. How then do we keep the flesh from sinning? By filling up our time, including our recreation, with activities according to Godís will. Paul wrote Galatians 5:16 "But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh." When you are walking in the Holy Spirit, using your time according to Godís will, which is what it means to walk in the Holy Spirit, the flesh does not have opportunity or a chance to sin. When I was using my break to share the love of Jesus Christ with others, my mind was filled with how to help that person release their faith in Jesus. My mind and flesh did not have an opportunity to sin. When I went into that break room and sat down at a table with my mind idle, like radar it zeroed in right onto its object of sin without even blinking an eye. Romans 8:7-8 "The mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so; and those who are in the flesh cannot please God." Therefore the only way you can keep your flesh from sinning is by walking in the Holy Spirit which means to seek Godís will in your use of time and then using your time, including your breaks, according to Godís will. When you do that, your flesh wonít have the opportunity to sin.

Second, Read, Memorize & Meditate on Godís Word. . King David wrote Psalm 119:11 "I have hidden Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You." John, Hebrews 4:12 states,

"For the word of God is spiritually-alive48 and energetically-effective49 and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing50 as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the conscious-reasonings51 and intentions52 of the heart."

John, Godís Word is more than just words on a page. Paul tells us in 2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is given-by-inspiration-of-God." There is Spiritual life in Godís Word, When you study, memorize and meditate on Godís word, it goes into your heart and soul and cleanses you and your human spirit is strengthened and becomes dominate over your flesh and restrains your flesh from sinning. Thus, why David said in Psalm 119:9 "I have hidden Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You." For this reason it is very important that you spend daily time with Jesus in His word, reading, studying, memorizing and meditating upon the Word of God. Jesus said in John 8:47 "He who is of God hears the words of God." As you spend time with Jesus in His word, Jesusí promise is that He will reveal Himself to You (John 8:47, 14:21) and that He will give You Holy Spirit grace, strength and power to carry out His will and restraint against your flesh to not sin (Rom 1:28).

Third, Seek Fellowship with Christians. The writer of Hebrews wrote: Hebrews 10:24-25 "And let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more, as you see the day drawing near." John, do you have a church?

John: Yes.

LE: Do you attend it regularly?

John: Once in a while.

LE: John it is real important that you attend church at least once a week, preferably 3 times a week. The reason for that John is not to get saved, because you are already saved and canít be anymore saved then you already are. John, the reason you need to attend church is for the same reason I am sitting here talking to you right now! You see, John, we are having church right now! And what am I doing? I am encouraging you to walk with the Lord, I am showing you how to overcome sin in your life, I am helping you in your walk with Jesus. That is the purpose of church fellowship. The purpose of church fellowship, John, is to encourage one another to love and good deeds and to help each other in our walk with Jesus! John, no one can live the Christian life in their own strength. We need the power of the Holy Spirit and the encouragement and support of one another to succeed in Godís will and plan for our lives and to keep from falling back into the world and sin! So it is real important that you weekly attend church. If you are not getting the encouragement and support you need in Jesus at the church you attend, you need to find a church where they do love Jesus and will give you the encouragement and support you need in Jesus. Okay?

John: Okay!

LE: Finally , John, in order not to sin, Ask God for the Power of the Holy Spirit to Not Sin. Psalm 105:4 states "Seek Yehovah and His strength; seek His face continually." If you remember on page 6 I read the passage Paul wrote in Ephesians 6:10 "Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of His might." John, Jesus does not command us to be strong in our strength, He does not command us to overcome our problems through the strength of the flesh, He commands us to overcome our problems through His strength! Therefore, whenever you start to have a problem in your flesh, find yourself falling to temptation, the thing you need to do, and you need to not put this off, is instantly get on your knees and lift up your hands and cry to Jesus for His Holy Spirit grace, strength and power to not sin. Get into a private place if you have to. That is why Jesus created bathrooms, lol.

John: Lol!

LE: Go to the throne room, the bathroom, and cry out to Jesus and say "Jesus! I need Your Holy Spirit grace, strength and power to not sin. Jesus! Save me from this temptation and sin! I need You!" Jesus says in His word in Romans 10:13 "For whoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved," and in Matthew 26:41 "Keep watching and praying, that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." When you call on Jesus He WILL save and help you from sin and temptation. That is how you overcome the temptation to sin, not by trying to exercise will power. Godís word states plainly that the flesh never did obey Godís laws and it never will, so the only way you will gain victory over temptation and sin is by drawing upon Jesusí Holy Spirit grace, strength and power to not sin. Okay?

John: Okay!!! I didnít know this! Thank You!

LE: John you can keep this tract titled Jesus Is The Answer To Your Needs. Also, if you would allow me, I would like to give you a copy of these two books I have here. The first one is titled JESUS Is The Answer To Your NEEDS, which has the same title as the Tract but is not the same content. John, this book has a chapter in it which will explain to you how to establish a quite time with Jesus in His word. I would encourage you if you read nothing else in it to read that Chapter. However, the rest of the content of this book will also give you assurance of salvation, teach you how to relate to Jesus for the answer to your needs in prayer, how to know what is truly Jesusí voice, how to know what is His will and plan for your life and how to succeed in that plan.

John: Thank you very much! I appreciate this!

LE: John, one of the reasons Jesus wanted me to give you this book and why he brought me across your path today was because he has a purpose and a plan for your life. Because He does, he didnít want you to be stuck in false condemnation and self-condemnation over past and present sins. He wanted you to know how to release your faith in His love and fogiveness when you do sin so that you can continue to walk in the Holy Spirit and receive the will and plan that He has for your life! That is why Jesus brought me across your path today! That is the reason why you need to read this book JESUS Is The Answer To Your NEEDS. Okay?

John: Okay!

LE: John, the second book I have here is titled Experiencing Jesusí Forgiveness Daily. What this book does is go into a deeper study about what the Bible teaches on Godís love and forgiveness, how to have victory over sin and how to draw upon Jesusí Holy Spirit grace, strength and power to overcome temptation and sin and succeed in the will and plan that He has for your life. So if you would allow me I would like to give you these two books

John: Yes! Definitely! Again, thank you very much!

LE: John, I appreciate you allowing me to take some of your time today to share these things with you (as I am shaking his hand). God loves you John, He has a purpose and a plan for Your life and He has visited you today to encourage you to daily seek Him while reading His word so that He can reveal to you want that will and plan for your life is and to encourage you to walk in that will and plan. John, you have a really great day!

John: I will! Thank you again for sharing with me and these books. I will read them this week.

In this illustrated presentation we successfully illustrated clearly how to accomplish with the Forgiveness Tract the following five objectives:

  1. How to attain, first, a clear indication and confession from the person about how and when they first received Jesus into their hearts as Savior and Lord.

  2. Second, how to give the person assurance of Salvation by going over p. 13 of What Is Eternal Life?

  3. Third, how to explain to the person how to release their faith in Jesusí forgiveness for sins confessed and repented of.

  4. Fourth, how to explain to the person how to resurrender the Lordship of their lives to Jesus and be refilled and stay filled with the Holy Spirit.

  5. And then finally, fifth, how to show them how to draw upon Jesusí grace, strength & power to overcome the problems in their lives that led them to backslide in the first place and stay strong in Jesus to live an ongoing victorious Christian life.

On to section 5
Bibliography & Notes
Section 4 Chapters

Top of Page