Advanced Home Page
Sections & Chapters
Certificate of Completion
1 Corinthians 9:11
"If we sowed spiritual things in you, is it
too much if we should reap material things from you?"
To Effective Ministry
How to Experience Jesus'
Love and Forgiveness
You Can Experience God's Love and Forgiveness (1995 edition)
by Bill Bright and answer the following questions:
1. Why is the average Christian impotent and fruitless?
2. Explain the basic difference between the natural man, the spiritual man,
and the carnal man.
3. In light of Romans 7:14-25, what is the result when a person tries to
live the Christian life in his own power? Is there a solution to the
frustrating experience described in Romans 7? What?
4. What is the only basis on which God, who is Holy and righteous, can
justly forgive a sinful man (Hebrews 10)? Why is it important for us to
5. What does the word "confess" mean? What is involved in the
confession of our sins?
6. If we receive forgiveness of our sins--past, present and future--when we
receive Christ as our Savior, why do we subsequently need to confess our
7. What happens in our lives when we refuse to confess our sins? (see Ps
32:1-5). Can you illustrate this from your own personal experience?
8. Why is it important for a Christian who has been living a defeated life
to make a list of his sins and confess them to God? How did following this
procedure benefit you?
9. Why is restitution important?
10. Why is it important to allow the Holy Spirit to show you what sins you
need to confess? What is the danger of being overly introspective regarding
11. How often should you confess sin?
12. If a person has confessed his sins and has claimed the forgiveness of
God and still has a guilt complex, what should he do?
"And do not get drunk with
wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit."
Memorize the following Scriptures:
1 John 1:9 "If we
confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to
cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
1 John 5:14-15 "And this is the confidence
which we have before Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He
hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that
we have the requests which we have asked from Him."
Read Chapters 15-18 in MacNutt's book Healing and answer the
following questions questions:
1. What are some indications that demonic deliverance of some kind
may be needed?
2. How should deliverance be ministered?
3. In what two ways is prayer for deliverance different from prayer
4. What points should be considered just before prayer for
5. What are some suggestions in beginning the prayer for deliverance?
6. What important factors should follow in the personís life after
Chapters 16, 17, and 18
(No questions. Just read the chapters and discuss in Group)
or write a paragraph for each chapter about what you learned if doing
Be prepared to go over answers to questions, recite Scripture and anything
else mentioned above.
Back To Homework Assignments