Advanced Home Page
Sections & Chapters
Certificate of Completion
1 Corinthians 9:11
"If we sowed spiritual things in you, is it
too much if we should reap material things from you?"
To Effective Ministry
How to Receive the
Baptism of the Holy Spirit
3 and 4
in Section 6
while answering the questions at the beginning of the Chapters.
Memorize the following Scripture:
Matthew 3:11 "As for me, I baptize
you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier
than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the
Holy Spirit and fire."
Read Chapters 2 and 3 in Section 4 of Schaeffer's book The God Who Is
There; and Chapter 3 in his book He IsThere and He Is Not Silent
and answer the following questions related:
The God Who Is There: Section 4, Chapter 2
1. What did you learn from Section 4 Chapter 2 titled: "From the
Point of Tension to the Gospel"?
2. What is our first step in reaching another person with the message of the
3. What do we do next?
4. Why is this important?
5. As we get ready to tell the person God’s answer to his or her need, we
must make sure that the individual understands what three things?
6. At all points in the conversation, we must allow him to ask any question
he wants. Why?
7. What does Schaeffer mean by ‘taking the roof off’?
8. Is removing the roof in our Evangelism an option? Why?
The God Who Is There: Section 4, Chapter 3
1. What did you learn from Section 4 Chapter 3 titled: "Applying
2. Why is it so necessary that we preach the Gospel?
3. Before we expose men to their lostness though what first step do we need
to come to?
4. What does Schaeffer say is the first thing we need to do in evangelism in
6. What is the first part of our communication of the Gospel?
7. Once the roof is ripped off and the fact that God is there is
established, what then do we do?
8. What is the problem which confronts us as we approach modern man in
preaching the Gospel today?
9. What does true Christian faith rest on?
10. Schaeffer states that as a man is faced with God’s promises, Christian
faith means bowing twice which are?
11. What are four things Schaeffer states ‘believing on the Lord Jesus’
He IsThere and He IsNot Silent: Chapter 3
1. What did you learn from Chapter 3 titled, "The Epistemological
Necessity: The Problem"?
2. What does the word Epistemology mean?
3. What are particulars?
4. What is the problem of Epistemology?
5. What is the problem that results if man teaches there are no universals?
6. Why does Schaeffer use the term true truth when talking about
7. What is the problem with man beginning with himself to find answers to
8. What gave Schaeffer the title, He Is There and He Is Not Silent,
for this book?
9. How does this relate to morality?
Read Mel Tari's book Like A Mighty Wind.
Be prepared to go over answers to questions, recite Scripture and anything
else mentioned above.
Back To Homework Assignments