Advanced Home Page
Sections & Chapters
Certificate of Completion
1 Corinthians 9:11
"If we sowed spiritual things in you, is it
too much if we should reap material things from you?"
To Effective Ministry
Is Walking in the Spirit
6 and 7
in Section 4
while answering the questions at the beginning of the Chapters.
Memorize the following Scripture:
Isaiah 8:19-20 "And when
they say to you, ‘Consult the mediums and the spiritists who whisper and
mutter,’ should not a people consult their God? Should they consult the
dead on behalf of the living? To the law and to the testimony! If they do
not speak according to this word, it is because they have no dawn."
John 8:47 "He who is of
God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because
you are not of God."
Hebrews 10:24-25 "And let
us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not
forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but
encouraging one another, and all the more, as you see the day drawing
Read Chapters 3 and 4 in Section 1 of Schaeffer's book The
God Who Is There; and Chapter 2 in his book Escape
From Reason both found in the book The
Francis A. Schaeffer Trilogy and answer the following
The God Who Is There: Section 1, Chapter 3
1. What did you all learn from Chapters 3 in Schaeffer’s book TWIT?
2. What does Schaeffer say modern artists have attempted to do?
3. Have they succeeded?
4. What have they succeeded in doing according to Schaeffer?
5. What are these artists saying to us?
6. What are these artists struggling with?
7. What should we do with such men?
8. What ideas in your own belief system have been changed from what you
learned in this chapter and how have they been changed?
The God Who Is There: Section 1, Chapter 4
1. What did you all learn from Chapters 4 in Schaeffer’s book TWIT?
2. What is man trying to say through modern music and what has led to this?
3. What is it we as Christians must speak against in light of this?
4. What does Schaeffer say that much of modern expression of homosexuality
is in our day?
5. What is modern Cinema and Television communicating to man?
6. What ideas in your own belief system have been changed from what you
learned in this chapter and how have they been changed?"
Escape From Reason: Chapter 2
1. What did you all learn from Chapter 2 in Schaeffer’s book EFR?
2. What was the reformation answer?
3. What is the modern drift in theology? What is wrong with it?
4. What are the two kinds of knowledge the Scriptures give us?
5. Though we do not have exhaustive knowledge in the Scriptures what do we
6. Why did the Reformation people have a unified field of knowledge?
7. Explain the difference between humanistic determinism and the Biblical
view of man and the fall.
8. How does the God of the Bible differ from all other so called gods?
9. How does the Biblical view of God, being both infinite and personal give
a solution to the dilemma of man?
10. Explain the significance of the Bible’s whole man view of man. 11.
What ideas in your own belief system have been changed from what you learned
in this chapter and how have they been changed?
Be prepared to go over answers to questions, recite Scripture and anything
else mentioned above.
Back To Homework Assignments