Advanced Home Page
Sections & Chapters
Certificate of Completion
1 Corinthians 9:11
"If we sowed spiritual things in you, is it
too much if we should reap material things from you?"
To Effective Ministry
The Damnation of Religion
5 in Section 4 while answering the questions at the beginning of
Memorize the following Scripture:
Philippians 3:3 "For we
are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in
Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh."
Colossians 2:23 "These are matters which have, to be sure,
the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe
treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence."
Read Chapters 1 and 2 in Section 1 of Francis A. Schaeffer's book, The
God Who Is There; and Chapter 1 in his book Escape
From Reason which are both found in The
Francis A. Schaeffer Trilogy and answer the following
The God Who Is There, Section 1, Chapters 1 & 2
1. What did you all learn from Chapters 1 & 2 in Francis A.
Schaeffer’s book The God Who Is There?
2. What is the Crucial question facing Christians today according to
3. What is the problem of modern philosophy?
4. What does Schaeffer mean by the line of dispair?
5. What is the Christian’s view of the Universe?
6. What ideas in your own belief system have been changed from what you
learned in these chapters and how have they been changed?
Escape From Reason, Chapter 1
1. What did you learn from Chapter 1 in Francis A. Schaeffer’s book
Escape From Reason?
2. What was wrong with Thomas Aquinas’s view of nature and grace and what
were the resulting consequences of this view?
3. What is the difference between universals and particulars?
4. When we separate universals from particulars, what happens?
5. What ideas in your own belief system have been changed from what you
learned in this chapter and how have they been changed?
Be prepared to go over answers to questions, recite Scripture and anything
else mentioned above.
Back To Homework Assignments